The Unity Women’s Desk needs volunteers to help in the following areas:
- 2016 Consultation support
- Serve on committees
- Administrative / clerical support
- Assemble health care kits, layette kits and birthing kits
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the contact form below and click Submit. (Additional information about these volunteer opportunities is provided below the form.)
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Unity Women%26#039;s Desk’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Areas of interest (or use checkboxes)’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’2016 Consultation support’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Serve on committes’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Administrative/clerical support’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Research’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Assemble Kits’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
2016 Consultation Support
Volunteers are needed in Suriname to help organize and facilitate the Consultation.
We currently need people to serve on the following committees:
- Education Structure: Develop information about the education structure in each country where Moravians live.
- Scholarship Application Review: Read scholarship applications; ask for clarifications if needed; make recommendations to Advisory Board about qualified applicants. Prior experience as a principal/headmistress or guidance counselor is helpful.
- Scholarship Recipient Communication: Correspond with recipients of scholarships. Send letters of support and cards for birthdays and holidays. Request reports on their progress. Supply information to the UWD Advisory Board.
- Committee Member: Each Province is being asked by the Unity Board to raise funds to support the UWD. The Fundraising Committee will recommend ways each Province can raise these funds. Some Provinces will hold capital campaigns and volunteers will be needed to solicit contributions.
- Congregation Liaison: Help coordinate UWD fundraising events at your church and advise the Provincial Coordinator of potential donors.
Violence Against Women Committee
Help compile information (education / resources) that will help combat this world-wide problem. Prior experience with domestic violence prevention programs is helpful.
Business and Entrepreneurship Committee
- Loan Application Review: Review applications for loans. Translate amounts requested into U.S. dollars. Determine whether amounts asked for are legitimate. Prior business experience is necessary, especially by self-employed individuals.
- Loan Recipient Communication: Establish correspondence with recipients. Send helpful information and letters of encouragement.
Health and Welfare Committee
Help research information on health issues affecting women and how these issues are being addressed in areas where Moravian women live.
Women in Ministry Committee
Develop ways of supporting Moravian women in ministry around the world.
International Women’s Day Planning Committee (March 8)
Plan and facilitate activities on March 8 each year to celebrate women’s achievements and raise awareness of the issues that still hinder women in many parts of the world. Volunteers are needed for each Province / Mission Province / Mission Area.
Administrative / Clerical Support
Volunteers are needed in the UWD office 1-2 days per month to assist with clerical tasks such task as:
- Folding brochures
- Preparing mailings
We currently need people to help conduct research on the following topics:
- Education: You will begin by conducting internet research on education in one of the 18 Provinces, 7 Mission Provinces, and 12 Mission Areas (a list will be provided). You will then follow up with Provincial Representatives to see if your research holds true in their areas.
- Violence Against Women: You will begin by conducting internet research on education in the 18 Provinces, 7 Mission Provinces, and 12 Mission Areas (a list will be provided). You will then follow up with Provincial Representatives to see if your research holds true in their areas.
Refer to the following pages for information on how you can help with the collection and assembly of items for kits: